Social networks, cloud applications, blogs, wikis, RSS feeds, and content-sharing sites have become essential business tools for enterprise users—and IT organisations are struggling to make them safely accessible from inside and outside the corporate environment. A cornerstone of this effort is the secure web gateway, a traffic inspection solution that scans inbound and outbound web traffic to find and block hidden threats. Unfortunately, cybercriminals are working just as hard to exploit the growing volume of enterprise web traffic, and their attacks are ever more stealthy, intelligent, targeted, and costly. Inevitably, attacks slip past conventional gateway defences.
Fundamental web security
Get high-performance web security through an on-premises appliance that can be deployed as dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
Secure inbound and outbound traffic
Enforce internet-use policies, analyse the nature and intent of content and active code entering the network, and use DLP technology to scan outbound traffic.
Expand your web protection
McAfee Web Gateway is part of the McAfee Web Protection, a solution that includes McAfee Web Gateway Cloud Service.
- Detect zero-day malware
- This secure web gateway provides industry-leading, proactive detection of zero-day malware with full coverage of web traffic, including SSL.
- Best-in-class threat prevention
- Protect against highly sophisticated malware and targeted attacks that evade URL filtering and antivirus signatures.
- Reputation and category-based filtering
- McAfee creates a profile of all internet entities and assigns a reputation score based on potential security risk, so you can set rules about what to permit or deny.
- Powerful rules-based policy engine
- Take action on any element of the web request-response cycle, allowing limitless flexibility and web security crafted for your organisation.
- Protect off-network users
- With McAfee Client Proxy, roaming users seamlessly authenticate and redirect to an on-premises McAfee Web Gateway or the McAfee Web Gateway Cloud Service.
- Share threat information
- Enable more effective threat detection and response. McAfee Advanced Threat Defense and McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange are key integration points.
Advanced Threat Defense Analysis for Web Gateway
Stop stealthy malware at the network edge
After McAfee® Web Gateway analysis, files that remain suspicious are automatically sent to McAfee Advanced Threat Defense for maximum detection capabilities
In-depth static code analysis is added to web security with no increase in gateway workloads.
Plug-and-play threat blocking acts immediately, without delay for human intervention.
A single, centralised sandbox service can simultaneously support other network or endpoint security systems.
Prevent patient zero by withholding files from users during analysis.
Analysis results are automatically integrated into McAfee Web Gateway workflows.
Flexible deployment options support every network—physical, virtual, and cloud.
SOC security trends in 2023
A security operations centre (SOC) offers the security tools and knowledge that you need to keep your IT environment safe. Read all about the SOC security trends of 2023.
Allan van Leeuwen
Trends and expectations for OT security in 2023
The traditional gap between IT and OT is gradually disappearing. This article explores what this means for OT security and looks at the major OT security trends for 2023.
Juniper Networks Leader in Gartner's MQ for enterprise wired and wireless LAN infrastructure
We are proud to say that our partner Juniper Networks is positioned furthest in both ability to execute and completeness of vision in the MQ for enterprise wired and wireless LAN infrastructure.