VMware networking and security solutions provide consistent, pervasive connectivity and security for apps and data, wherever they reside - from the data centre to the cloud and the edge.
NSX Data Centre
VMware NSX Data Center is the network virtualisation platform for the software-defined data centre (SDDC), delivering networking and security entirely in software, abstracted from the underlying physical infrastructure.
NSX Data Center enables the Virtual Cloud Network, providing pervasive, end-to-end connectivity for your apps and data, wherever they are.
Benefits of NSX Data Centre
- Application-centric security is delivered at the workload level to prevent the lateral spread of threats.
- Multi-cloud networking
- Bring networking and security consistency across heterogeneous sites and streamlines multi-cloud operations.
- Reduce scope of compliance by isolating the systems that store, process, or transmit sensitive data.
- Automate networking and security services to remove operational bottlenecks across any application platform or framework.
- Cloud-native apps
- Enable native networking and security for containerised workloads across application frameworks.
VMware NSX Cloud delivers consistent and operationally scalable micro-segmentation security for applications running natively in public clouds, managed alongside data centre resources for consistent end-to-end networking and security. NSX Cloud currently supports Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS public clouds.
Features of NSC cloud
- Multi-cloud, multi-site networking and security
- NSX Cloud brings networking and security capabilities to endpoints across multiple clouds. By integrating with NSX Data Center, it enables networking and security management across clouds and data center sites.
- Edge firewalling
- Stateful firewalling filters north-south traffic flowing between instances in virtual networks and the public Internet.
- NSX Cloud provides control over east-west traffic between application workloads running natively in public clouds.
- RESTful API
- RESTful API and automation tools help to programmatically provision and configure networking and security infrastructure on-demand.
- Security groups
- Security groups and rules can be defined based on rich policy constructs, such as instance name, OS type, AMI ID, and user-defined tags.
- Use existing automation and orchestration tools to create standardised application templates, and simplify provisioning and management of networking and security services across public clouds.
- Dynamic policy
- ecurity policy is automatically applied and enforced based on instance attributes and user-defined tags. Policies automatically follow instances when they are moved within and across clouds.
- East-west traffic visibility
- Use existing Day 2 operations tools to gain visibility into east-west traffic within and across virtual private clouds.
- Quarantine instances
- You can quarantine rogue and compromised workloads that are running in the public cloud without micro-segmentation security. Quarantined instances are prevented from communicating on the cloud network.
- Security logging
- Gain real-time visibility and auditing of security events such as allows/denies and quarantine incidents. Send security event information to a Syslog or SIEM server.
- Distributed architecture
- A distributed firewalling architecture eliminates additional network hops and traffic because policies are enforced at the virtual network interface of each instance, rather than routed through an external firewall.
SOC security trends in 2023
A security operations centre (SOC) offers the security tools and knowledge that you need to keep your IT environment safe. Read all about the SOC security trends of 2023.
Allan van Leeuwen
Trends and expectations for OT security in 2023
The traditional gap between IT and OT is gradually disappearing. This article explores what this means for OT security and looks at the major OT security trends for 2023.
Juniper Networks Leader in Gartner's MQ for enterprise wired and wireless LAN infrastructure
We are proud to say that our partner Juniper Networks is positioned furthest in both ability to execute and completeness of vision in the MQ for enterprise wired and wireless LAN infrastructure.