Our mission and vision
CSR mission statement
At Nomios we believe that we fulfil a crucial and strategic role in connecting our markets to the technology of our suppliers. Our corporate social responsibility and therefore our contribution to securing a sustainable world must be of the same nature.
For us, this means that the only way to truly embed sustainability in our organization is to incorporate it into our corporate culture and connect it directly to our business model(s).
With our team of experts and our ecosystem of strategic partners, we create an optimal balance between people, planet and technology-driven prosperity to deliver on this mission.
CSR vision statement
Security and connectivity are essential for empowering the most innovative minds. We believe people are the defining factor of success in both security and connectivity. A human-centric and sustainable approach to technology is therefore essential. At Nomios this means we strive for a future in which:
- Vendors support sustainability efforts in the most transparent way they can throughout all stages of a product's lifecycle.
- Clients are able to assess and compensate for the footprint of any technological solution in an easy, understandable and accessible manner.
- Solutions are at least 100% recyclable and preferably cradle-to-cradle designed.
Our CSR initiatives
Read more about the CSR initiatives that we are active in.
Goals that fit our DNA
The United Nations has agreed worldwide on a set of goals for sustainable development - to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. Companies must be part of that solution, and so must Nomios. From the 17 UN goals, we have chosen four that are closest to our DNA.
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation.
At Nomios, we aim to embed sustainability in all our business models and transform the company from being a traditional integrator to a company that can truly design and consult sustainable networking and security solutions. In addition, we add sustainability elements to our current portfolio to neutralize and offset the carbon emissions of these solutions.
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
At Nomios, we believe in responsible consumption and production through our supply chain partners. By keeping a close eye on their CSR developments we can offer our customers the most green IT solutions.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact.
To combat climate change and its impact, we at Nomios strive to challenge ourselves and our supplies to take the appropriate actions to lower and offset our carbon footprint, especially in Scope 3. We have set up several actions supporting this such as CO2 compensation with the help of our partners Trees for All and Riforest.
Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
We are contributing to this goal together with our partner Riforest and Trees for All. Riforest encourages and supports poor farmers in the Rif Mountains in the ecological and economic recovery of their agricultural land. In the first two quarters, we have donated over 5,000 trees to Riforest to compensate for future CO2 emissions (scope 1 and 2) and together with Trees for All we are planting 2,500 trees to shape a corporate forest.
- Nomios Netherlands B.V. commits to never exceeding its carbon ceiling (of 250 metric tons as measured in 2019) regardless of the company's size (which grows on average 20% year over year). In addition, Nomios commits to fully compensating its scope 1 and 2 emissions from 2019 onwards, annually. This commitment results in a structural carbon reduction closely tied to our company growth (in FTE). Effectively this results in a 10% YoY reduction at minimum.
- Nomios Netherlands B.V. commits to its customers that all of its services are Net-Zero available, meaning that all emissions derived from a product while in service (including power usage) with Nomios or when replaced by Nomios are fully neutralised and equipment will be either reused and/or fully recycled. Furthermore, Nomios commits its service portfolio to be solely exclusively offered in this Net-Zero manner by 2025.
Our team is ready for you
Do you want to know more about this topic? Leave a message or your number and we'll call you back. We are looking forward to helping you further.