A secure web gateway (SWG) protects users from web-based threats in addition to applying and enforcing corporate acceptable use policies. Instead of connecting directly to a website, a user accesses the SWG, which is then responsible for connecting the user to the desired website and performing functions such as URL filtering, web visibility, malicious content inspection, web access controls and other security measures.
SWGs enable organizations to:
- Block access to inappropriate websites or content based on acceptable use policies
- Enforce their security policies to make internet access safer
- Help protect data against unauthorized transfer
Unrivaled visibility. Real-time data and threat protection.
Our Secure Web Gateway solutions provide unrivaled visibility and real-time data and threat protection when accessing cloud services, websites, and private apps from anywhere, on any device. We understand the cloud and take a data-centric approach that empowers security teams with the right balance of protection and speed they need to secure their digital transformation journey.
Get 100% cloud web security with our next-gen SWG solutions
- Visibility and control
- Achieve unmatched inline visibility and control of web traffic, including thousands of managed and unmanaged cloud services and apps.
- Multi-layer defenses
- Prevent and detect a wide variety of threats leveraging cloud services and apps for multi-stage delivery that most defenses miss.
- Advanced data loss protection (DLP)
- Use advanced DLP rules and policies to prevent data exposure and leaks across cloud services, apps, and web traffic.
- Advanced analytics and reporting
- Synthesize and distill web activity into user site and page visits to help security teams focus on what they need for investigations.
- Direct-to-internet coverage
- Provide direct to internet access for remote offices with IPsec and GRE tunnels, plus remote and mobile users.
- SSL/TLS inspection at cloud scale
- Use elastic on-demand cloud resources to inspect encrypted traffic, including TLS 1.3, natively at scale.
Leading SWG technology partners
Stay a step ahead with Nomios
Latest news and blog posts
SOC security trends in 2023
A security operations centre (SOC) offers the security tools and knowledge that you need to keep your IT environment safe. Read all about the SOC security trends of 2023.
Allan van Leeuwen
Trends and expectations for OT security in 2023
The traditional gap between IT and OT is gradually disappearing. This article explores what this means for OT security and looks at the major OT security trends for 2023.
Juniper Networks Leader in Gartner's MQ for enterprise wired and wireless LAN infrastructure
We are proud to say that our partner Juniper Networks is positioned furthest in both ability to execute and completeness of vision in the MQ for enterprise wired and wireless LAN infrastructure.