Juniper Networks QFabric System
High-performance, high-density data centre switches.
The QFabric® System is composed of multiple components working together as a single switch to provide high-performance, any-to-any connectivity and management simplicity in the data centre. The QFabric System flattens the entire data centre network to a single tier where all access points are equal, eliminating the effects of network locality and making it the ideal network foundation for cloud-ready, virtualised data centres.
The highly scalable QFabric System improves application performance with low latency and converged services in a nonblocking, lossless architecture that supports Layer 2, Layer 3, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) capabilities.
QFabric System Models
- QFX3000-M QFabric System is designed for mid-tier, satellite, and containerised data centres. It supports up to 768 10GbE ports with average port-to-port latency of 3 microseconds.
- QFX3000-G QFabric System is designed for large enterprises, service providers, and cloud data centres. It supports up to 6144 10GbE ports with an average port-to-port latency of 5 microseconds.
QFabric System Components
- QFabric Nodes are fixed-configuration edge platforms that connect to networked data centre devices.
- QFabric Interconnect is a high-speed transport device that connects all QFabric Nodes in a full-mesh topology.
- QFabric Director provides control and management services for the full QFabric System.
- Scales to 40 Tbps to deliver unprecedented capacity beyond 10GbE at the access layer.
- Single-switch management greatly simplifies data center operations with less complexity and lower power, space, cooling, and operational costs.
- Scales to thousands of ports within a single-tier network in a “pay-as-you-grow” model.
Ultra-Low Deterministic Latency
- Ultra-low deterministic latency is ideal for supporting latency-sensitive applications, east-west traffic flows, virtualisation, cloud, and other high-performance data centre initiatives.
- Carrier-class solution requires no downtime for reconfiguration or maintenance.
- Incremental design allows conversion of QFX Series switches from top-of-rack to QFabric System devices.